Friday, September 29, 2017

The Sea of Tears

By Emily Thrasher, 2014


poems poem poetry blog blogs
Drowning in a sea of tears
Trying to escape from all my fears
The worry that haunts my dreams
Making my feelings go to extremes

We can’t fight what pulls us down
poems poem poetry blog blogsRapid riptide water threatens to drown
Whipping around a whirlpool of waves
The flood we’re in makes us slaves


Master of misery is where my soul rests
Dreadful amount of time before this ingests
Meager negotiations, feels like your clowning
poems poem poetry blog blogsDespite my desperation and endless frowning

Floating and splashing, along for the ride
I will go down in this terrible tide  
Until my last breath I will fight the undertow
If I drown, only then will I let you go


No comments:

Post a Comment